VimpelCom signs 5-year managed services contract with Ericsson
Friday, Feb 15, 2013
VimpelCom, one of the world's 10 largest integrated telecommunications services operators, has signed a managed services contract with Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC). Under the five year agreement, Ericsson will manage network operations on VimpelCom's behalf at more than 10,000 sites, as well as overseeing more than 10,000km of optical transport cables and an extensive fixed network across Siberia and the Urals in Russia.
Ericsson will be responsible for network operations and field maintenance for active and passive network components, for the operator's mobile, fixed and transport networks.
As part of the agreement over 400 VimpelCom employees spread over 41 locations across Siberia and the Urals will be transferred to Ericsson in April.
"This agreement meets VimpelCom's long-term plans in strategic programs to increase operating efficiency. The transfer of network maintenance and support to Ericsson will allow us to more effectively optimize costs and network management. Similar projects have already become standard practice in the world, and we are actively supporting this trend, as we see the effectiveness of this model with examples of global operators. We are confident that the knowledge and experience of Ericsson in the extended network service and support, will allow us to maximize our focus on business development, improve the quality of services for our customers and provide additional quality services"- said Anton Kudryashov, General Director of Joint Stock Company" VimpelCom." .
Valter D'Avino, Head of Managed Services, Ericsson, says: "This is our first major managed services contract in Russia. With Ericsson managing the operations of its network, VimpelCom will be able to reduce its operational expenditure and focus even more on providing innovative solutions for its customers."
This contract will result in a major expansion of Ericsson's services business in Russia, a country that is of great strategic importance. With more than 60,000 service professionals working in 180 countries, Ericsson is the undisputed leader in managed services and has the scale required to meet the needs of operators worldwide.
Other Cable and Wire News
- PrimeCables.com announces the availability of a new line of HDMI Extender Wall Plates
- Microgrid control technology to enable greening of remote island (VIDEO)
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation selects Cinemo unified media player(TM) for next generation IVI Systems
- Siemens to Offer Novinium Cable Life Extension Technology in Europe
- DONG Energy partners with Schneider Electric for a more sustainable energy supply of remote islands worldwide
- PECO Inspects Electrical Equipment to Ensure Reliable Service During Holiday Season
- E.ON Netz uses aluminium underground cables from Nexans
- Aggreko announces global partnership with Cirque du Soleil