The Light Brigade® launches new fiber optics 1-2-3 course
Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013The Light Brigade, AFL’s education and training division, has launched the most significant upgrade to its core course in fiber optics. Staying abreast of the latest innovations and changes in the industry, the Fiber Optics 1-2-3 course has been updated to feature the latest in fiber optic technology, products and standards. The accompanying 470‑page manual provides comprehensive instructional material on multimode and single-mode technologies. Considered the foremost technical primer and resource manual for anyone involved in fiber optics, updates to the course and manual include:
· Multimode fiber technology featuring OM3, OM4 and bend-insensitive fibers
· Restricted mode and encircled flux launch conditions
· Single-mode fiber technology including G.652D, G.655 and G.657 fibers
· The newest termination products and techniques
· Up-to-date standards and specifications
· Fiber-to-the-Home, Ethernet and Internet protocol
· Expanded installation and optical testing content
· The latest active devices including FTTx products
· In-depth information on passive devices such as optical switches and splitters
Students who completed the Fiber Optics 1-2-3 course previously can purchase the latest revision of this manual for $100 by calling 800-451-7128 and ordering Fiber Optics 1-2-3 Rev #W-13U.
The most up-to-date information on The Light Brigade courses is available in the 2013 Light Brigade Training Catalog. For additional information on The Light Brigade, visit www.lightbrigade.com, email email@example.com or call 800-451-7128 or 206-575-0404.
For more information about AFL and its products and services, visit www.AFLglobal.com.
About The Light Brigade
Founded in 1987, The Light Brigade has instructed over 45,000 attendees in its public and custom classes on fiber optic design, maintenance and testing, including advanced topics such as FTTx, DWDM and PMD/CD. In addition to creating custom courses tailored to any need or skill level, the company produces educational DVDs and CDs.
AFL provides industry-leading products and services to the electric utility, broadband, communications, OEM, enterprise, wireless and transit rail markets as well as the emerging markets of oil and gas, mining, nuclear, avionics, medical, renewable and intelligent grid. The company’s diverse product portfolio includes fiber optic cable, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectors, fusion splicers, test equipment and training. AFL’s service portfolio includes market-leading positions with the foremost communications companies supporting inside plant central office, EF&I, outside plant, enterprise and wireless areas.
Founded in 1984, AFL is proud to offer engineering expertise, exceptional products and reliable service that help our customers improve their critical and electrical infrastructure. AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Europe, Asia and the South Pacific. The company is headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan. For more information, visit www.AFLglobal.com.
Other Cable and Wire News
- GigOptix strengthens its 100Gbps leadership with partners at OFC/NFOEC
- Oncor’s advanced grid project successfully demonstrates how Nexans’ Dynamic Line Rating technology can boost the capacity of overhead power lines
- R&M strengthens its existing structured cabling business in India
- McDermott awarded subsea cable installation contract for Saudi Aramco