Prysmian at Middle East Electricity 2013
Friday, Feb 15, 2013
Prysmian Group, world leader in the energy and telecom cables and systems industry, will showcase state-of-the-art technologies at MEE 2013, the electrical industry’s largest show in the Middle East, taking place in Dubai from February 17 to 19, 2013 (booth C20, Hall 7).
"Middle East Electricity 2013 comes at a very important time for the Prysmian Group to reinforce its strong presence in the Middle East, a key area for the Company’s expansion strategy, where the Group is already carrying out several strategic power cable projects especially in the Extra High Voltage underground and submarine cable systems market" states Antonio Chiantore, newly appointed General Manager for the Group’s Middle East branch based in Dubai.
The Group’s product portfolio at MEE 2013 will focus on the full range of state-of-the-art power cables including HV and EHV underground and submarine cable systems for applications such as interconnections between power grids, links between natural or artificial islands and the mainland, and connections to, or between, offshore oil production and wind power generation facilities.
These include the first-ever submarine power transmission link serving Doha and the GCC SaudiBahrain submarine interconnection and the 400 kV power transmission system for TRANSCO connecting the Bahia and Saadiyat Grid Stations in Abu Dhabi, which represents the largest 400 kV
underground cable system in the region (triple circuit route of 25 km for a total of 230 km of extruded insulation cable) and the largest EHV XLPE cable system in the world (in terms of contract value) ever awarded to a single supplier.
Prysmian Group will also be presenting a wide range of cables and systems for the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical industry, including innovative specialties such as Drylam™ and Airguard™ Cable System, FP® fire resistant cables, and power distribution cable solutions including P-Laser, the first high performance eco-sustainable Medium Voltage cable for power distribution grids characterized by an innovative production process and "zero-gas technology" that contributes to increase energy
efficiency and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Source: Prysmian Group
- Fujikura introduces the FOCIS PRO
- Hendrix Spacer Cable Systems ideal for upgrading existing distribution infrastructure
- Hendrix announces vise top insulators and new construction standards improve reliability and durability for electrical utility company
- General Cable unveils Gepco® Brand line of HydroBloc™ Water-Resistant Cables at the 2013 InfoComm Show
- Nexans wins 36 million euro frame contract to supply power cables to Belgian railway operator Infrabel
- Silver Fox updates and improves its extensive range of wrap-around cable labels
- Optical Fibre Flag Labels from Silver Fox offer efficiencies, saving time and money
- Silver Fox introduces cost-saving Non-Shrink Tubing